Thursday, December 22, 2011

Perfection

I don't believe in perfection. I think it's an idea that people cling to in order to keep pushing themselves. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great idea to keep challenging yourself and strive to be better, but I don't think that perfection exists.
 

I do like to live in a dream sometimes and experience perfection. I can take a stroll through perfection on a pretty regular basis during the winter in Boulder and it is one of the best feelings in the world. Perfection is going for a walk in the snow around the city at night. No one is wandering around and the quiet peaceful atmosphere can calm even the most tense individuals.

The music of perfection is the crunch of the snow under my feet as I stroll around looking for fresh powder to create my own trail. In this world, I can make whatever path I choose. There are no predefined directions that I have to follow. No expectations forcing me to take the correct steps. No path that has been predefined for me.


The snow stings my cheeks as it falls on my face. I wander aimlessly around all too familiar streets, but for some reason they look completely foreign to me. I notice buildings I had never seen before. The lights of the city gleam on the immaculate white blanket. Arriving back to reality after my trip to a dreamland of perfection, the only thing I have to show for my adventure is my renewed spirit and rosy cheeks.

Listening to Winter Song by Sara Bareilles & Ingrid Michaelson.

No comments: