Sunday, October 16, 2011

Running, engagements, pot roast & pregnancy pictures

Well back to some poor grammar and run on sentences describing some of the things that are crossing my mind today…


1. I should probably start training soon. I’ve finally convinced my sister to run a half with me. The main thing that convinced her was that it was going to take place in Disneyland, but that’s a start. So we are set to run and it should be really fun. I injured myself in the early spring and have taken a running hiatus. I don’t really have the desire to start running again, but I would really like to support her and our plans to do this together. Don’t get me wrong, I think it will be a lot of fun, I’m just really working on getting my motivation back running. I will… and if I don’t, I will look like an idiot, so I know that I will. I’m also in charge of coming up with what we will wear for the adventure, so that will be an exciting part to the whole thing as well.

2. In the past week I have had 2 friends get engaged. I know I’ve posted about this before, but I think it freaks me out even more. Both are completely different stories and I know both of them are incredible happy, so that is what is important, but it stresses me out. What a big step/commitment. Not that I can really say this out loud, but I wonder if they realize that this is really long term? Clearly I have commitment issues. It stressed me out to decide what I’m doing two weeks from now and I’m certainly not ready to buy a house… that would mean that I would have to stay in the same place for an extended period of time. It was stressful enough buying a car. After all my hard work and research, I bought one and about a year and a half later, it is certainly not the car that I want. Sure, it was a great choice and worked for where I was, but only 1.5 years later and my life changed enough that it no longer works for me. Think about that. Just think. If I can’t even handle committing to a car for more than 2 years, how could I ever think it’s a good idea to commit to a person for a lifetime?!? Analyze me all you want for this. Point out my mistrust in men and my daddy issues all you want. I’m sure I’ve covered all of them as I’ve manalyzed (no, not a typo. Analyzing men= manalyze) with my friends.

3. Everything can be fixed with a good cup of coffee and some great music. Fact. I know I’ve previously mentioned that ice cream and wine can fix everything. That’s still true, it’s just less socially acceptable to eat ice cream and drink wine in the morning, so depending on the time of day, that’s how you will figure out which pairing you need to solve your problems.

4. I’m getting really excited for winter. Today was the first day that I have used my crock pot this season. I ventured to make Pioneer Woman’s pot roast recipe. Not only do I love her blog, now that she has a tv show, which is awesome. She’s pretty hilarious and her instructions are really easy. I love winter comfort foods and the amazing smells of my slow cooker meals throughout my house. Can’t wait to keep making more. I do wish that I were more culinary, but I feel like using my slow cooker is a safe way to get more in to the cooking world. Coming up on my list: crock pot lasagna, meatloaf, and pork chops. Awesome. I do realize that saying that makes me sound like a homemaker, but let’s be honest, it would probably be pretty awesome to be a homemaker.

5. Pregnancy photos. Why do people have to come up with the most awkward/oversharing poses for their pregnancy photos?!? The other day, an acquaintance posted some photos on his FB profile of him and preggo wife. One picture had her leaning on a fence and her bare stomach poking through the fence, and he’s on the other side of the fence poking her stomach. WHO thought that was a good idea? Not only is the picture horrible, he then made the choice to post that picture for the world to see. I can understand that a photographer talks people in to weird poses and people play along with it, but posting them takes that to a whole new level. The more disturbing part: someone commented “cute” on the picture. Was that supposed to be a joke? My next step: unfriend that character AND quickly.

Listening to: Anya Marina

No comments: